We’ve worked with full speed in the last month to find the best open source software solution that protect your privacy and is stable.
For most of the sessions we will use BigBlueButton as our video conferencing tool. BigBlueButton runs within your web browser so no need to download an app. The panel discussions are broadcasted via webinarjam that allows interactive participation. It will also work via your web browser.
Our “homebase” where we can chat, hang around and meet with other people and the conference team will be the conference forum “Discord“. There you will be able to find all relevant information regarding how you can enter the different sessions and panels of the conference program as well as channels to connect with the organisation team and other participants. There will be also IT and conference helpdesks.
To get access to discord and all the links to sessions and panels you need to register!
We’re translating the major panels and some other sessions from English to German or vice versa.
- If a session is translated is indicated on the program (GER/EN & EN/GER)
- Join the session via the normal link found on discord or in the private program (that you will get after registering).
- In order to listen to the translation, you need to use Discord at the same time: Find the “Übersetzung/Translation” channel on the left hand side of Discord and the correct room. Join the room on Discord by clicking on it. Then mute the session/panel that you’re listening to in the wrong language on BigBlueButton or Webinarjam by right clicking on the browser tab and selecting “mute this tab”
- Now you should be able to watch the Session in the BigBlueButton or Webinarjam tab while listening to one of our translators on Discord.
- To leave the translation channel, click on the phone with the x (on the bottom left corner of your discord window, see pic below).